Before training as a counsellor, I spent 25 years teaching the Alexander Technique, working with body movement and co-ordination. As a result, I am especially interested in the relationship between our physical and emotional states, and in the very different ways we respond to stress.
In 2007, I began to study at The Minster Centre, London, completing a Diploma in Integrative Counselling in 2011 and an MA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2013. My Masters research was concerned with the effective of psychotherapy in dealing with musical performance problems - having been involved in music for most of my life (as pianist and double bass player) this was a topic close to my heart! In 2011, I established a counselling practice in Ilford, East London where I worked until moving to Maldon in 2015.
Counselling Qualifications and Experience:
- Registered with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Counsellor at MIND in Tower Hamlets and Newham (2008 -12)
- Psychotherapist with Minster Centre low cost counselling service (2009-11)
- Honorary Psychotherapist, Barking & Dagenham Psychological Service (2013 -15)